Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 4 organic apples (I used a mixture of tart and sweet), rinsed, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. organic 100% lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. unchlorinated and unflouridated water
- 1 tsp. organic ground cinnamon
- 1 cup organic rolled oats
- 1 cup organic unbleached white flour
- 2 Tbsp. organic brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. organic white sugar
- 3-4 Tbsp. organic pasture butter, softened; OR organic coconut oil (for vegan option)
- 1 pinch Real Salt
Here’s How I do it:
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Mix the water and lemon juice together in a small bowl, dip the sliced apples into it to stop them from browning, if desired.
- Arrange the sliced apples in the bottom of a 6-cup casserole dish; Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add oats, softened butter or coconut oil, pinch of salt and both sugars; Stir with spoon or use your hands until well blended.
- Press the oat mixture on top of the apples in the casserole; Make sure that it’s flattened on the top of the casserole.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.