Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 4 medium organic Russet baking potatoes
- 3 Tbsp. organic pasture butter
- 1 cup reserved potato water
- 1 pint Homemade Organic Freezer Ground Beef Mix with Mushrooms and Onion
- 1 cup organic 1/2″ diced carrots
- 1 cup organic 1/2″ diced yellow onion
- 3-4 organic garlic cloves, minced; OR 2 tsp. Homemade Organic Garlic Puree
- 2 Tbsp. organic unbleached white flour
- 2 tsp. Real Salt
- 1 tsp. organic dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. organic dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. organic dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground organic peppercorn blend
- 1/8 tsp. organic ground sage
- 1 cup organic frozen green beans
- 1 cup organic frozen sweet peas
- 1 cup Homemade Organic Beef Stock
- 1/2 cup Homemade Organic Vegetable Stock
- 1 recipe Homemade Organic Copycat Kraft Fresh Take Rosemary and Garlic, kept separated
Here’s How I do it:
To Make the Mashed Potatoes:
- Rinse the potatoes thoroughly under cold running water; Chop the potatoes into cubes of the same size.
- In a stock pot, bring 4 quarts of unchlorinated and unfluoridated water to a boil; Add the cubed potatoes and cook for 20 minutes, or until fork tender then strain the potatoes reserving the cooking water.
- Place the cooked potatoes, butter, 1 cup reserved potato cooking water, and the cheese blend from the Homemade Organic Copycat Kraft Fresh Take Rosemary and Garlic recipe into a medium mixing bowl; Mash until well combined and smooth, adding additional potato water if necessary.
To Make the Beef Stew:
- Preheat the oven to 375° Fahrenheit.
- Meanwhile, start defrosting the meat mix: Pour 1/4 cup water into a deep saucepan with lid; Add the frozen meat mix, carrots and onions. Simmer for 15 minutes over medium heat, covered. Uncover; break up the frozen chunks into smaller pieces. Add the garlic (if using); Cover and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the flour, salt, parsley, rosemary, thyme, ground peppercorns and sage to the beef mixture and stir until well combined.
- Add the peas, green beans, beef stock and vegetable stock, stir until thoroughly combined; Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook until thickened and bubbly.
To assemble the casserole:
- Place the beef stew mixture in the bottom of an 8″ x 8″ casserole dish.
- Carefully top the stew mixture with the potato mixture.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumb and seasoning blend from the Homemade Organic Copycat Fresh Take Rosemary and Garlic recipe on top of the casserole.
- Bake at 375° Fahrenheit for 35 minutes, or until the casserole is bubbly around the edges and the breadcrumbs are a light golden brown.