Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1-1/2 cups unchlorinated and unfluoridated water
- 1 cup organic crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup raw local honey
- 2 Tbsp. organic distilled white vinegar; OR 2 Tbsp. Homemade Organic Pickled Jalapeno brine (for more heat, optional)
- 1 tsp. homemade hickory liquid smoke
- 1 Tbsp. organic arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp. organic chipotle pepper
- 1 tsp. organic ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. organic granulated onion
Here’s How I do it:
- Combine all ingredients into a small sauce pot and stir until well combined.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.