This is one of my favorite dishes to make because I can leave it alone and it will do the rest!
This is What You’ll Need:
- 1/2 cup dry organic kidney beans
- 1/2 cup dry organic lima beans
- 1/2 cup dry organic pinto beans
- 1/2 cup dry organic navy beans
- 1/2 cup dry organic black beans
- 1 lb. grass-fed ground beef
- 2 -3 cups Homemade Organic Beef Stock, to cover the mixture
- 1 16 oz. jar organic crushed tomatoes (I use the kind with added sweet basil)
- 1 large organic yellow onion, diced
- 2 large organic tomatoes, diced
- 6 organic garlic cloves, whole (you can mince them if you’d like)
- 4 organic celery ribs, sliced
- 10 organic mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tsp. Real Salt or sea salt (more to taste)
- 2 Tbsp. organic ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. organic cayenne pepper (you can make it the way you like it by adding more or omitting some of the peppers)
- 1/2 tsp. ground organic chipotle pepper
- 1 Tbsp. organic Italian seasoning (marjoram, sage, oregano, basil, etc.)
This is How I do it:
- Rinse all of the beans thoroughly.
- Prepare the vegetables to go into the chili by slicing, dicing, or cutting, etc.
- Place the beans, raw ground beef (if you’re worried about this, you can saute it first), and vegetables into the electric slow-cooker.
- Add the beef broth and crushed tomatoes and stir well.
- Add in the seasonings and stir well.
- If you’re going to be gone all day, put the temperature on low. If you need dinner finished sooner, turn it on high.
- Check the beans and stir occasionally.
- Cook for at least 6 hours on high and 8 to 10 on low.