I have greatly adapted the recipe from John D Lee.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1 pint Homemade Organic Freezer Ground Pork Mix
- 3-4 cloves organic garlic, minced [1 Tbsp. minced]
- 1/4 cup finely diced organic yellow onion
- 1/4 cup Homemade Organic Pork Stock
- 2 Tbsp. Homemade Organic Pickled Jalapeno brine
- 1-1/4 tsp. organic ground cumin
- 1 tsp. Real Salt
- 1 tsp. dried organic oregano
- 1 tsp. organic smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. organic paprika
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground organic peppercorn blend
- 1/4 tsp. to 1/2 tsp. organic red pepper flakes (optional)
Here’s How I do it:
- Pour 1/4 cup unchlorinated and unfluoridated water into a deep saucepan with lid; Add the frozen pork mix and simmer for 15 minutes over medium heat, covered. Uncover; break up the frozen chunks into smaller pieces, add the onion and minced garlic, then cover again to simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the stock and jalapeno brine to the skillet and stir to mix well.
- Pour in the seasonings and mix until well combined.
- Over medium heat, uncovered, simmer until most of the liquid is evaporated and the meat mixture thickens.