Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1/4 cup organic pasture butter [1/2 stick]
- 1/4 cup organic unbleached white flour
- 4 cups Homemade Organic Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup organic raw apple cider (or kombucha) vinegar
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 2 tsp. Real Salt
Here’s How I do it:
- In a large frying pan over medium high heat, combine the butter and flour while stirring until just blended.
- Add the stock, vinegar, sugar and salt to the cooked roux; Bring the mixture to a boil while stirring to blend well.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the mixture thickens.
- Use in stir fry dishes in place of individual ingredients; Season according to the dish.
- This yields 6 cups of sauce, enough for 4 sweet and sour stir fry dishes.