This is such a good recipe for vanilla extract. I have found that it takes a year for the extract to soften to the point that there’s no sharpness from the vodka. You don’t have to wait that long to use it, however. You can use it after six months. This is also a great recipe to make for your friends during the holidays or for birthdays.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- One 16 ounce amber glass bottle with lid
- 15 ounces organic vodka
- 2 organic vanilla beans
Here’s How I do it:
- Place the whole organic vanilla beans into the bottle. Do not cut open the beans first.
- Fill the bottle with vodka.
- Sit in a cool, dark place for at least six months to a year.
- When you’re finished using the vanilla beans in the extract, use them to make Homemade Organic Vanilla Sugar.