Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Homemade Organic Vanilla Sugar
- 1 cup unchlorinated and unfluoridated water
- 1 tsp. unsulphured blackstrap molasses
- 1 tsp. organic ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. organic ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp. organic ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp. organic ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. organic ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp. Homemade Organic Vanilla Extract
Here’s How I do it:
- Add all of the ingredients into a chef’s saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil while stirring to mix well.
- Allow to boil until the mixture lightly coats a spoon. (This will take approximately 15-20 minutes.)
- If you’re unsure if your syrup has cooked long enough, take it off the heat and allow it to cool. If it needs to cook longer, boil the liquid again.
- Store in a glass jar with tight fitting lid in the refrigerator.