Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 2 lbs. organic Roma tomatoes
- 2-3/4 cup diced organic yellow onion
- 12 organic garlic cloves, minced
- 4-1/2 Tbsp. organic basil leaves, finely chopped; *OR 1-1/2 tsp. organic dried basil
- 4-1/2 Tbsp. organic oregano leaves, finely chopped; *OR 1-1/2 tsp. organic dried oregano
- 1-1/2 tsp. organic fennel seed
- 2 Tbsp. Real Salt
- 1/4 tsp. organic freshly ground peppercorn blend
- 24 oz. jarred organic crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups Homemade Organic Chicken Stock, Homemade Organic Turkey Stock, Homemade Organic Pork Stock or Homemade Organic Beef Stock
Here’s How I do it:
- Combine all ingredients in a large 8qt. stockpot.
- Bring to boiling over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat; Simmer, covered, for 2 hours while stirring occasionally or until thickened and flavors blend.
- Cool; Place into 3 qt. Mason jars with tight fitting lids, refrigerate then freeze (Make sure that you have enough headspace in your jars.)
- 1 quart of sauce is enough for 1/2 lb. of cooked pasta.